Last updated 25th August 2021.
When you communicate with us, request for information, engage us to provide services, enter into any business dealings with us or when you access and use our website(s), you may be required to provide FM GROUP with your personal data.
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your personal data, FM GROUP may not be able to communicate with you, provide you with the services you require, conduct business dealings with you or you may not be able to access certain sections of our website(s) where log in is required.
Personal data refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of FM GROUP, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion about the individual, that has been or may have been collected, stored, used and processed by FM GROUP from time to time.
The types of personal data we collect may include, but is not limited to your name, residential address, e-mail address, age, occupation, CCTV image, financial information, income tax particulars, bank account information, debit or credit card details, your identity card and/or passport details, place of birth, credit history, your transaction history and other personally identifiable information (PII) as defined by international privacy laws and standards.
When you access and use our website(s), such personal data may include information which our servers automatically collect when you access the website(s), such as your account log in information, your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the website(s). It may also include device information, such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer and information about the location of your device, if you access the website(s) from a mobile device.
Methods of collection
We may obtain your personal data in various ways, such as:
- when you engage us for the services we provide or have any business dealing with us;
- when you interact with any of FM GROUP’s entities through various methods such as documentary forms, emails, letters, telephone calls and conversations with our staff. In our interactions with you using telephone calls, we may monitor or record the telephone calls for quality assurance, training and security purposes;
- when you participate in customer surveys or when you sign up for any of our events, competitions or promotions;
- when we obtain any data and information from authorised third parties (e.g. credit reference agencies, regulatory and enforcement agencies and legal representatives);
- when you visit our website(s) where log in is required and/or where cookies are used or when you register an account on any of our website(s);
- when information and documents are provided or uploaded by you on our website(s) including our online platform.
Cookies are small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. They allow us to recognise a particular device or browser. Web beacons are small graphic images that may be included in our services and the website(s). They allow us to count users who have viewed these pages so that we can better understand your preference and interests.
You may be able to manage and delete cookies through your browser or device settings. However, certain cookies are required to enable core functionality, so please note that changing and deleting cookies may affect the functionality available on the website(s) or through our services. For more information about cookies, including how to set your browser to reject cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We may process your personal data for the purposes relating to the services you have requested and for the business activities of FM GROUP which shall include, without limitation the following:
- performing assessment and verification of your enquires and your request for our services;
- providing you with our services through our website(s) including our online platform;
- complying with any obligations arising from contractual agreements concluded with you;
- verifying your financial standing through credit reference checks;
- evaluating the contractual obligations between the FM GROUP and you;
- responding to your enquiries and comments;
- evaluating the effectiveness of marketing, market research, statistical analysis and modelling, reporting, audit and risk management, legal and regulatory obligations, prevent fraud and any other purposes relating to FM GROUP’s operations; and
- fulfilling of any regulatory requirements and for any other reasons connected with services that you require.
Your personal data held by us shall be kept confidential.
However, in order to provide you with effective and continuous services and/or to comply with any legal and regulatory requirements, we may need to disclose your personal data to:
- our FM GROUP of companies;
- our authorised agents, external professional advisors, auditors, sub-contractors and service and product providers with whom we have contractual agreements for some of our services;
- financial service providers including insurance companies;
- information technology (IT), data entry and/or storage facility service providers;
- parties authorised by you;
- enforcement, regulatory and governmental agencies as permitted or required by law; and
- parties authorised by any order of court or to meet obligations to regulatory authorities that you hold or have subscribed to with FM GROUP.
The disclosure of your personal data may involve the transfer of your personal data to a place outside of Malaysia for the purposes of carrying out the services requested by you and by providing us with your personal data, you agree to such transfer.
We strive to protect the confidentiality of your personal data which you have provided us with and will use appropriate measures to keep your personal data confidential and secure.
Period of Data Retention
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
If the personal data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was to be processed, we will destroy or permanently delete your personal data or if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will delete the same as soon as it is reasonably practicable to do so.
Update of Data
All the personal data provided by you to us shall be accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date.
When there are any changes to your personal data or if you believe that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up to date, please contact us so that we may take steps to update your personal data accordingly.
You may also at any time hereafter request for access to your personal data, for correction or updating of your personal data, to limit the processing of your personal data or to seek further information from FM GROUP regarding the processing of your personal data by contacting us at:
Lot 37, Lebuh Sultan Mohamed 1,
Kawasan Perindustrian Bandar Sultan Suleiman,
42000 Port Klang,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Tel: 603 3176 1111
Fax: 603 3176 2188
Such request however, shall be subject to the requirement of the Act or the applicable law.
The English version of this Privacy Statement shall take precedence over the Bahasa Malaysia version should there be any conflict between the two.